[Coco] FHL Color Flex

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 21:10:30 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Bob Devries wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have unearthed a disk here of FLEX 3.3. It *does* work on the Coco3; I
> booted it, and typed "cat" and got a file listing.
>
> However... It is as I suspected, track 0 of the disk is not a standard
> format (probably single-density); it returns I/O error when I try to read
> it.
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to image such a disk?

Tim Lindner has shown how to patch Basic so that DSKI$ can be used to
read single density sectors:

<http://tlindner.macmess.org/?page_id=250>

This may at least allow you to extract the information from the disk.
Making an image using the data would likely be more complicated
(maybe needing to edit a DMK file by hand in a hex editor).

Next question: Do any of the emulators support single density tracks
in a DMK file?

Darren