[Coco] can't compile Toolshed on CygWin

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Apr 5 08:45:17 EDT 2013

On Friday 05 April 2013 08:19:15 Steven Hirsch did opine:

> On Thu, 4 Apr 2013, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> > I've never actually seen cocofuse work on Linux either, it has always
> > thrown errors and I've never bothered to figure out why.
> > The cocofuse issue won't stop you from building NitrOS9 or using the
> > toolshed otherwise, if that's any consolation :)
>
> Aaron,
>
> I spent some time and effort fixing cocofuse a few years ago and it
> works just fine for me on Ubuntu 10.04LTS.  Can you tell more about the
> problems you're seeing?
>
> Steve

Ubuntu 10.04-4 LTS is what I'm running here.

All this talk about cocofuse made me curious, so I went looking for some
docs.  There doesn't seem to be any unless its in the pdf.  Which it is
not.

I see it is in the toolshed tree, but the executable wasn't built to be
available in the $PATH addition of /opt/toolshed/bin, its in
/opt/toolshed/build/unix, so isn't available for use without either
softlinking buils/unix into the toolshed/bin path, or adding yet another
element to the $PATH environment variable.

Reading the .c src seems to indicate its some sort of a mini-dos swiss army
knife.

Looking in toolshed/build/unix/cocofuse, there are only cvs entries there,
it is not mentioned in the rules.mak, nor in the makefile, so while the
cocofuse.c file is there, there is not an executable as it has never been
built.

So, what is it, how do I build it, and what can it do?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
<marcus> dunham: You know how real numbers are constructed from rational
         numbers by equivalence classes of convergent sequences?
<dunham> marcus: yes.
dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million
          law-abiding citizens.