[Coco] Fw: Smart watch> was RTC real time clock

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Fri Apr 5 00:15:18 EDT 2013

I think trying to replace the battery in one would be more trouble than
it's worth--the battery is potted in epoxy, I believe.  On the other hand,
it is supposed to last 10 years or more.  I have yet to hear of anyone
whose SmartWatch battery gave out.

SmartWatches are definitely still available.  Search for the Dallas
Semiconductor DS1216E and related versions.  (There are variations
depending on such things as whether you want to piggyback a ROM on top of
it.  The "E" suffix version allows that.)
Art