[Coco] Dumb OS9 graphics question

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Apr 4 08:00:15 EDT 2013

Bill Pierce wrote:

> Hi guys,
> Am I right in assuming that you MUST have the CoVDG (vdgint) to run a Pmode4 screen in OS-9?
>
> Bill Pierce
> Co-Webmaster of The TRS-80 Color Computer Archive
> http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
> E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

Unless you want to hijack the entire OS-9 system and possibly require a reboot
after ending your program, hardware manipulation is best left to OS-9 itself.
That means you should use CoVDG for working with Pmode type screens.

However that does not require you to have vdg type descriptors in OS9Boot. You
can easily change /Wn descriptors to use vdg text and graphics before the first
use of the screen.

xmode /wn par=1 pag=10
where n = the window number