[Coco] FHL Color Flex

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Thu Apr 4 03:34:46 EDT 2013

I wonder what version work on the coco.  FHL Color Flex does at least begin
to boot.  It just has a major problem with the emulator.  I just tried VCC,
XRoar, and Return of COCO all loaded with the latest version of HDBDOS for
that particular emulator.  They all produce the same results when I try to
type in the date.   Hum...
A couple of years ago, I did get it to boot.  I entered the date and it went
on and booted into Flex, displayed the initial Flex boot message and I got
the famous "+++" prompt.  But at that point, I didn't know anything about it
so I could not even do a directory listing to see what was on the disk
image.  However with CocoDskUtil, now I can at least look at the directory
of a Flex disk and see the filenames and how big the files are.
Maybe Cataloging of disk image contents can be added to CocoDskUtil.  Luis?
Anyway, I think I was still using the regular Disk Basic 1.1 roms in the
emulator at the time.  Maybe that is the problem?  I'll have to test that
idea.
Kip