[Coco] Extended Color BASIC program on an Arduino

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Apr 3 23:02:09 EDT 2013

Tonight, I got the rest of the BBS running on the Arduino -- working userlog, chat mode, and message board. Unfortunately, even after moving all the static strings and such to Flash memory, I still only had room (in it's current form) to hold a few users and a few messages of only a few lines each. Just enough to see it work, but not enough to be useful. And I expect Ethernet support will be completely out -- I expect the networking code to take up more RAM than I have to spare.

However, between running *ALL RAM* from an emulated cassette in XRoar, and the version in the Arduino, I have had much fun the past two evenings -- stepping back THIRTY YEARS.

I have continued writing about it here:

http://appleause.com/2013/04/04/extended-color-basic-to-arduino-sketch-part-2/

-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.

22nd Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST! April 27-28, 2013. Lombard, IL. http://www.glensideccc.com - And check out the CoCo-X project: http://kck.st/16fAwkf