[Coco] RS-232 Pak Back to Stock

John E. Bielak j.bielak at comcast.net
Wed Apr 3 21:19:51 EDT 2013

I picked up a deluxe RS-232 pak thats somewhat modified that I'm trying
to put back to stock.

The changes:
- The ROM has been cut out
- The trace for pin 4 cartridge edge connector has been cut and there is
a wire going out to an external connecter
- There's a jumper between E1 and E2
- A jumper appears to have been removed from E3 and E4

Obviously,  I need to desolder the old ROM pins, put a socket in, drop
in a 4K EPROM (2732?) with the cart image, and then reconnect trace to
connector pin 4, but I don't know what to do with the E1 - E4 jumpers.
I've Googled around and the only examples I've been able to find are
other modded boards, nothing that appears stock.

-JEB-