[Coco] DSK image utilities?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Apr 2 14:20:30 EDT 2013

Allen,
Since I run Windows, I usually just create my disks in Vcc. With Vcc, you can create the disks in "JVC", "DMK", and "VDK" formats. All you have to do is go to the disk insert menu and input a new name with the ".dsk" extension. You will then be prompted for the disk format (above) and the number of tracks/sides.
 To get files on the disk, I use the "WimgTool" that came with older versions of M.E.S.S. Someone here did a mod to the utility to fix using OS-9 directories on the disk. So both OS-9 and RSDOS files can be added and deleted to/from the disk. In OS-9, you can add complete directories in one operation. There's still a bug or two but for the most part, it works.
Here's a link to newer "WimgTool.exe" as it's not in the current M.E.S.S. distributions. (or any old ones)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23059963/Stuff/wimgtool.exe

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia