[Coco] Weird CoCo 2 keyboard problem -- any ideas?

Mon Apr 1 20:04:48 EDT 2013

Pressing the shift key may flex the entire keyboard. Pressing a different
set of keys along with the shift key may produce different failures or
success.

There are two shift keys, does it matter which one is used? It was said not,
try 200 times with each.

The "?" and "/" are right next to the right "shift" key.

I looked at a keyboard removed from a CoCo 1 and it has a very solid PC
board for the keyboard. (Shift key missing) It was in the CoCo 1 box but has
no F1 F2 keys?

I once removed the entire plastic matrix from a keyboard and rewired it by
hand to match a keyboard IC that outputted serial data.

It was a great method to get a keyboard for FLEX. I learned how to write a
keyboard input routine that handled bounces.

I have a stereo receiver that lost one channel output to the speaker unless
I pressed the PC board in the right place. It worked for a while then.

SHF