[Coco] pf for epson for drivewire

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Apr 1 13:35:56 EDT 2013

On Monday 01 April 2013 13:09:38 Louis Ciotti did opine:

> Silly question but what is pf?

Short for PrintForm, written originally by someone I can't recall, but it
was a bit limited, and well enough organized that I did the next half dozen
updates, adding printer capabilities as my printers changed over time.

He gets credits in the docs, I'm the 'maintainer' I guess.
With a config file to match your printers abilities, it can do some fairly
fancy stuff on paper.

I've not put it on my web page, didn't think there was any interest in it
these days since the pin pounders are about all worn out, and the command
structures for the more modern printers are hidden in a manual that if even
available, carries a price tag often exceeding that of the printer.  Trade
secrets yadda yadda, jerks.

But when I can revive drivewire with the new version just sent out, I'll
try to remember to do that.

sz -b still works so its coming up the serial cable right now.

When I get it moved to the web page, it will be in Genes-os9-stf as
pf3_0.lzh, compressed with lha-2.11c I believe.  Its there, 18+ years old
now.  The archive is about 72k, Have fun.