[Coco] pf for epson for drivewire

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Apr 1 13:03:26 EDT 2013

On Monday 01 April 2013 11:42:18 Aaron Wolfe did opine:

> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > I just checked and Aaron, whats the biggest file I can us as a
> > drivewire disk?  The one I have been using as a scratchpad is now
> > over 10 megs.
>
> DW uses a 24 bit LSN, so 4 GB is max device size.  Max
> filesystem/volume size will depend on the CoCo side software.  I
> believe NitrOS9 is fine with 4 GB.

In other words, NP unless linux has a problem with a 4+Gb file.  :)

Thanks Aaron.  I just rebooted this machine, and haven't restarted dw yet,
but I switched to the new package, so it should Just Work(TM) it says here.

But when do we fix the coco's client so that this machine can be rebooted
without crashing the coco? It only works if I have it running here, and go
reset the coco3.  So I'll do that next, brb.

Murphy has arisen from the dead, I thought I'd outlived that jerk.

Because even as root, no runnee. Says unk option -XstartOnFirstThread. I
had moved all my .xml files to the new version from 4.3.1g.

Humm -XstartOnFirstThread does not grep in the *.xml's  Took that out of my
starter command script.  Now it doesn't load the default disks.  Why not?

Loaded them ok by hand, now go reboot the coco3.  No connect.  The coco
probes them by attempted cd's before opening a shell window in its startup,
and I see those tx blinks on the usb interface, but no response from this
machine, so obviously my copying the xml files over didn't work.  OPen the
editor, serial port is COM14???  S/B /dev/ttyUSB0, tried both ttyUSB's,
doesn't work.

Opening the load or save file buttons also see no .xml files.  I'll switch
the directory link back to the 4.3.1g tree & retest.  And had to nuke that
same option in that DW4UI.command java invocation file too.  And it still
did not load the default disk, had to do it by hand.  So, now, go reboot
coco3 again.  Nope, no server.  Open config editor & its AFU again, from
the old, did work just fine, *.xml files.

Fooled around for another half an hour and finally got it to start with the
selected disk images loaded.  And the config editor says the correct usb
port is being used, which turned out to be ttyUSB1.  But still no heartbeat
from the coco.  The USB circuit is good, I just printed a test page from
cups to the printer on top of the coco's desk, all the same wire to the
final hub down there.

I'm fresh out of ideas Aaron, what else do I check?  It was working, and
had been since the last reboot 2 weeks ago, I had even gotten a dir from
/x1 on it 2 hours ago.

Here is my DW4UI.command file:
#!/bin/sh

java -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -jar DW4UI.jar --backup --nomidi &

Your turn?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
I don't remember it, but I have it written down.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...