[Coco] Amusing computer story only slightly off topic

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Tue Sep 11 12:52:21 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

From: "Gene Heskett"

> On Tuesday 11 September 2012 11:27:58 Robert Gault did opine:
>
>> In the last two days I've been having mouse pointer freezes on my PC.

>> Anyone remember what happens on a Coco when you inadvertently place a
>> heavy object on the joystick so that a button gets pushed. The Coco
>> will freeze up. :)
>>
>> Now, how many of you have purchased a new mouse when all you had to do
>> was clean it?
>
> I can nearly match that Robert.  My logitech optical wireless mouse kept
> getting slower and slower until I was needing a 2 foot by 2 foot pad to
> run
> it.  Then I also noticed that one of the little glued on polycarbonate
> feet
> sliders was laying on the desk,

> So if your optical mouse is getting slow, check & see how many feet it has
> left.

> Cheers, Gene

I have had problems with my optical mouse not responding and a jumping
curser.  I then find a jumble of dog hairs in the optical port's recess.
Pulling the hairs out with tweezers returns it to service in short order.  I
never had any problems with the Tandy mouse, with that big steel ball
holding it down.

Bruce W.