[Coco] 80-column cartridge for CoCo 1/2?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sat Oct 27 14:30:27 EDT 2012

There were at last 2 different types.  One was the PBJ Wordpak, a
version of which, the Wordpak-RS, was later sold by the Shack but had
to be special ordered through the "express order" program, a
half-hearted attempt by RS to allow a very few 3rd party products to
be sold in the stores.  It may well have been based on the
6845--sounds familiar.

The other was the Display-80, sold by Disto/CRC products.  It fit
inside a couple of the Disto disk controllers as a satellite board
that also contained a real-time clock and in some cases a hard-disk
interface.

Both came with Basic and OS-9 drivers.

Art