[Coco] DW4 problems

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 00:02:12 EDT 2012

Aaron said:
> I wouldn't think so, the timing for the i/o is based on instruction
> cycles.. those don't change in a 50hz system do they, same cpu crystal
> right?  Excuse my ignorance, guessing only the video stuff changes but
> what do I know :)

Actually, the crystal is different. Not sure what the frequency is; I don't
have my schematic handy.

> What kind of hard drive are you copying from?  I have only the
> superIDE here, and tests with it seem to work OK but I need to do some
> more.  I know Gene's hdd is an uncommon one...  wondering if maybe the
> DW driver and the hdd driver don't get along in your cases, some
> timing thing that only rears its head under stressful constant use?

I'm using a Disto SCII with 4-in-1 card connected to a Quantum LPS120 drive.

> Given enough info and time I'm sure we can sort this out and make
> everything work properly, but I'm having a hard time getting a test
> case where I can recreate the issue put together so far.

One comment you made earlier was to wait until a *good* nightly build was
available, and use that.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia