[Coco] Dragon & Drivewire

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 07:27:14 EDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 7:19 AM, Ken H. <dragon.atv at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with Frank that not supporting virtual SS80 DOS disks under
> drivewire is not much of a sacrifice.
> Under NitrOS9 driverwire will support any disk format anyway, and most
> importantly virtual hard disks.
> For DOS usage SS40/DS40 seems to be the most common format.
>
> Under RSDOS, Drivewire currently seems to support only SS35 virtual disks.
>
> Aaron - will supporting different sized disks for DragonDos require any
> changes in the Drivewire server code?

Nope.  All requests in DW use LSN, just linear sectors from 0 to
whatever.  There is no concept of tracks, sides, etc.  Sorting that
type of thing out is the responsibility of the CoCo side driver.  If
there is a restriction to 35 track disks in DECB, that's something
imposed by HDBDOS's DW driver.  Probably because of the multi-disk
partition scheme they need to all be of identical size.