[Coco] Colorful_Sled_6ed

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Oct 12 21:21:52 EDT 2012

Stephen,

 I would definately be interested in the Sled source. I have downloaded all you linked, but yet had time to go through it as I've got another pot on the fire right now and it's boiling over. As soon as I get through with that stew, I want to go through the manual and see what it offers. I've been needing a better text editor.

 I do have one question, how does it handle files too large for the buffer. I need an editor that has simple controls, like Ed and TSEdit but with a "buffer swap" that allows large files. I don't need "fancy" features like formatting, multi-fonts, and all that. Just a simple editor that supports tabs, arrow key scrolling, insert/overstrike, files larger than buffer, and block copy/cut/paste. Also, I need to be able to run two instances from different windows and be able to copy from one to paste to the other.

I really like Ed 3 and Ed has been my editor of choice but the buffer sucks. I have a lot of files that I have to export to the PC and edit them in RainbowIDE then bring them back to OS9. I have DynaStar but I'm too lazy to read the manual, and you don't touch that one without the manual in hand till you learn the command system.

Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com