[Coco] Tutorial on Telnet/inetd on Coco3 DW4 (is there one?)

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Oct 11 05:18:28 EDT 2012

On Thursday 11 October 2012 05:10:57 Bob Devries did opine:

> Gene, are you running a terminal programme on that box, something like
> xterm or whatever? I think that's needed, though I'm not sure how to
> get the output from the coco inetd to the instance of xterm that you're
> running.
>
> Dunno if that's useful...
>
> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

What I do have for a connection is a shell running on /t2, and a serial
cable about 30 feet long to the only real serial port on this motherboard,
with a copy of minicom talking to /dev/ttyS0.  A 9600 baud connection.  So
I can 'talk' to the coco over that link.  That is how I have been showing
you the clips from the coco's responses, but there is a dos conversion
someplace so my screen shows them double line spaced.  I usually delete the
extra lines for your viewing pleasure. :)

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
"Why should we subsidize intellectual curiosity?"
		-- Ronald Reagan