[Coco] unsilly Q about the os9 startup file

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Oct 11 00:27:46 EDT 2012

On Thursday 11 October 2012 00:23:23 Stephen H. Fischer did opine:

> Hi,
>
> I am not sure the other answers are what you want.
>
> I would do something like saving the edited work with a new name.
>
> Then start a new shell (or two) and then terminate the original shell.
>
> Then in one of your new shells do the renaming so that what you want is
> the active startup.
>
> The first script I use in VCC starts two new shells with better colors
> for my eyes and then changes the color of the original shell.
>
> I have broken my VHD but I started a new shell with "shell i=/w &" and
> was able to terminate the first shell with "EX".
>
> The new shell continued to work so I think that what I suggested works.
>
> SHF

I suspect the real answer, once I can edit it, is to launch inetd with an &
so it becomes backgrounded.  Its the one process in the script that doesn't
complete and return.  And I had forgotten about the difference that causes.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
A Fortran compiler is the hobgoblin of little minis.