[Coco] DRAGON TANO Arrived

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 05:07:05 EDT 2012

On 05/10/2012 09:57, Ken H. wrote:
> Phill,
> Do you think that hooking up a simple MAX232 RS232 To TTL Converter like
> this one
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-NEW-MAX232CSE-MAX232-RS232-To-TTL-Converter-Adapter-Module-Board-/261083117557?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc9c437f5
> to the Dragon's parallel port respective pins work? Or is there a different
> design needed?

Yes that is what I am currently looking at, I'll try to get it
prototyped over the weekend. One thing I'm not sure of it if any of the
signals will need inverting between the PIA and level shifter, I'll need
to experiment a little. If needed I'll hook up one of my CoCo 1 or 2
machines and scope it :)

Even if this is the case, an LS04 (or other LS wired as an inverter)
should suffice to do this.

Cheers.

Phill.