[Coco] USB keyboard interface for CoCo

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Nov 30 19:20:23 EST 2012

On Nov 29, 2012, at 9:18 AM, Gustavo Ranaur Schoenaker <ranaur at ranaur.net> wrote:
> The first "version" of my idea was using the serial port to send. If it
> works I would buy the USB host shield to make an USB connection.

Not needed, if you can do minor hardware. The Arduino Uno can have it's firmware changed so it can talk to USB keyboards/mice. I have been doing research. Or, you can add a USB port, a few resistors and such, and then use an open source USB and Keyboard library and do it off a few I/O pins. I like your idea of how to get around the I/O pin limitation.

But, It looks like the Leonardo ($24.95 on Amazon) has 20 I/O lines, so that should do the trick.

> As soon as I have something real I'll tell you what happened.

Excellent!

		-- Allen