[Coco] EZGen on NitrOS9 level 1

Chester A Patterson chester6809 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 07:42:42 EST 2012

Hi. Level 1 OS9Boot has 4 "lost" bytes that are not part of any OS9 module
tacked onto the end of one of the bona fide modules, I don't recall now if
REL or BOOT or which exactly. What they are I do not know, but they are
needed. If you make a new bootfile, EZGen will not add those bytes and OS9
L.1.xx will not boot. If all you do is edit modules, there may be safer (and
easier) ways, like DED. If you plan on replacing entire modules, be careful.
Replace them ONLY from disk files, not RAM! I personally love EZGen's
versatility but for L1 you gotta watch out for those 4 bytes.