[Coco] Question about Intronics Programmer

Matt Mendenhall no-spam at cox.net
Thu Nov 22 08:59:55 EST 2012

Brian <briang0671 at ...> writes:

> Does any one have information on the Intronics Eprom Programer?
> I have the box but no documentation that I can find. It does have a
> eprom inside, two 6821, lots of transistors and a coil. My guess is to
> generate a higher voltage.
>
> Does it run on a CoCo 2 or can it run on a CoCo 3?
> Thanks for any help.

I never had mine running on the CoCo3, and I'm not certain it worked on
the CoCo2, though there are no software limitations that would prevent
it in either case. I think it was a combination of available voltage
and/or current. I always used mine in conjunction with the MPI, which
I modified with a horizontal connector on the front, but also always
with the CoCo1. Using the MPI I could load and save data to floppy.

I still have mine, plus the manual. The source code for the EPROM was
available in FLEX format but I translated it to EDTASM+, though I have
no clue if I could still read the floppy. I've hacked the heck out of
the code and mine supports EPROMS the original didn't. But I haven't
used it since the late 80's when I stopped working in an arcade.

One final note, you can read the code from the EPROM and save it to
floppy, then LOAD and EXEC at will. I think the code is relocatable
to boot.

Matt Mendenhall