[Coco] Wierd stats

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 01:27:08 EST 2012

Chances are you are just seeing the usual background noise that any
host on today's net will see.  You can throw up a webserver on an IP
with no DNS pointing there, no URL ever made public to point at it and
immediately you'll get some "traffic".  If your url is present in the
tubes (or if any url in the history of the tubes has pointed at the IP
you currently use) you'll get more.  Telltale signs are a lot of
requests for pages you don't have, which is the bots looking for
exploitable servers.