[Coco] YAS (Yet Another Survey)

Fred D. Provoncha fredprov5 at usfamily.net
Sun Nov 18 16:36:06 EST 2012

>>/So my question is, are there any other users of this os9/nitros9 serial/

>/> mouse out there?/

>>//

>/> Simply put, it takes an old ball type mouse that is either logitech
or M$/

>>/compatible, and gives you the most stable, precise mouse the coco3 and/

>>/multiview have ever known. It doesn't jump around like the normal shack/

>/> mouse, meaning when you click on a pixel, you click on THAT pixel. It
also/

>>/needs a serial port of the 6551 variety like an rs-232 pack./

>I'm ashamed to admit I wasn't aware of this  driver. I've never used a
>mouse with OS-9 either, though. What  applications have worthwhile mouse
>interfaces?

Gene,
I've always been frustrated the way my Coco's mouse jumps around as you
described, and your description of how your serial mouse performs
greatly interests me. However, I've always been very hesitant to
implement your Serial Mouse mod because it requires some hardware
modifications to my RS-232 pak and I don't trust myself to perform the
mods correctly. I'm not very good with hardware mods.

Fred Provoncha
Stansbury Park, UT