[Coco] Assembly problem

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Nov 16 10:20:57 EST 2012

Hi guys,
I've been trying to create a library for a program for 2 days and it's driving me nuts. I'm posting here to see if anyone has an idea what's wrong.
I'm trying to assemble a new "sys.l" from files in the NitrOS9 repo in the root/lib dir.
The files are:

sys6809l2.a
os9defs.a
rbfdefs.a
scfdefs.a
pipedefs.a
systype.a

Ok, "sys6809l2.a" is just a wrapper for the others:
These are all RMA files and consist of nothing but csect variables.
Here's sys6809l2.a:

   psect sys_a,0,0,0,0,0
   use sys6809l2.a
   use os9defs.a
   use rbfdefs.a
   use scfdefs.a
   use pipedefs.a
   use systype.a
   endsect

after minor edits to get them to assemble with Coco's RMA, nothing major or codewise, just removing comments for size, strip LFs  and such, I do an:

"rma sys6809l2.a -l -o=sys.l"

Everything assembles properly, no errors in the listing. Everything seems fine.
Then I use the lib in my program:
after running my compiler to compile the C portions of the program I have this:

rlink -o=progname -M=2 /dd/lib/cstart.r file1.r file2.r file3.r -l=/dd/lib/clib.l -l=/dd/cgfx.l -l=/dd/lib/sys.l -l=/dd/lib/alib.l
Linker fatal: unknown entry type in sys_a:/dd/lib/sys.l

What am I doing wrong or is there an error in one of the files from the repo?
I have commented out all files but one in "sys6809l2.a", doing an elimination and os9defs.a seems to be the one. But it's hard to tell as the others will assemble with errors without it

Any ideas?
Thanx
Bill P

Bill Pierce