[Coco] Bill Gates and CoCo BASIC assembly book

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Nov 8 21:06:29 EST 2012

On Thursday 08 November 2012 20:58:42 Arthur Flexser did opine:

> I recall hearing through the grapevine many years ago that someone
> from Microsoft commented to the Spectral Associates people who put
> together the Unravelled series that the Unravelled disassembly was way
> better commented than the original Microsoft source code.  Seems very
> plausible to me.
>
> Art

Chuckle.  Now that I have no problem believing, Art.  With comments, they
might have known better what it was that they were doing.  I swear, their
theory was that the better it was obfuscated, the longer it might last
before some talented coder that didn't work for M$ figured out what was
going on.  The usual back-stabbing mentality at M$, job security is when
only one person has that code in their head.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
You don't have to be nice to people on the way up if you're not planning on
coming back down.
		-- Oliver Warbucks, "Annie"