[Coco] coco1 - 26-3003A

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Wed Nov 7 06:05:34 EST 2012

I looked all that info up way back when compiling "Tandy's Little Wonder", and can't recall much from memory. The info came mostly from Radio Shack catalogs, some from advertisements.

What several peiple have missed is that this should be the "F" or "285" board. I think the official designation was "NC", but I don't recall. It was referred to as all three in various articles. All three are referencing the same board though. This was the last CoCo1 board made, and it was 64K capable... not necessarily always sold with 64K, just an easy upgrade. And as stated, many sold as 32K were actually 64K machines.

The "n/a" means "not available" (in some writing it would mean "not applicable"). I usually had the list price after the number. I either didn't have a catalog or ad listing the price or it was one of those time periods where the pricing changed frequently, which could have been the case if that was one of those times that memory chip pricing was in a state of flux. RS didn't even list prices in some catalogs because of that, and some companies wouldn't list prices in ads because memory prices changed almost daily and greatly affected the price of computers (and of course memory upgrades).