[Coco] ANSI driver

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Nov 2 20:32:25 EDT 2012

Sock's Twilight Term looks like it would do the proper ANSI, but I was viewing ANSI graphics in the 80s to early 90s. Here are some links to some real ANSI graphics like the ones I used to see on the BBSs, Two of the most famous ANSI art groups were iCE & ACID. You could actually buy their art for your BBS.

http://createdigitalmotion.com/files//2008/01/ansi.gif
http://www.blackmaiden.de/archive/intro_dateien/ansi1.jpg
http://macosx.forked.net/bx.jpg
http://www.amberfj.com/participation/thesis/images/mh-narc_opt.jpeg
http://www.penguinpetes.com/images/BBS_art/ANSI/Dust_n_Bones.jpg
http://www.slothy.com/ansi1_full.gif
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5mTJHkHZZGQ/TmsF35-BNhI/AAAAAAAAAJM/ifpolcDMoj0/s1600/cle_ansi02.png

The graphics are produced with char sets similar to RSDOS's CHR$(128)-CHR$(255) set except they were slightly higher resolution. 8x8 I think instead of Basic's 2x2. The graphics above are on an 80 column text terminal.
 I found the OS9 ANSI font set. There had to be some sort of driver to activate the proper font as the graphic set is in a seperate font buffer. Here's the only docs in the set:

>I do not know where I originally obtained this font set, but it is the full
>IBM ansi fonts occuping where normal fonts will go
>Group 200, buffers 1,2,3
>Only difference will be seen with alternate characters.
>Enjoy
>Mike Guzzi

I'm pretty sure I loaded this font set on startup. I don't know if the terminal program "just" used them or I had a driver of sorts that used them

Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com