[Coco] OT: Hurricane Sandy

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Fri Nov 2 00:46:56 EDT 2012

Was without power from about 8pm Monday to about 11pm Tuesday.  Comcast internet service was out until sometime this evening, not sure when, as it was almost midnight when I got back from a Janis Ian concert about 2 hours drive south of here.  Work site is a different story -- whole area was overrun in flood Monday, looks like high water was about six inches above the floor of the office.  Still no power, no phones at work.  To make it more fun, the flood was mixed with a couple hundred gallons of used engine oil from one of our neighbors, a heavy truck repair outfit.  Pure joy.

Couple pieces of siding ripped off of the house I plan to sell in spring so I can get out of New Jersey and move home to New Hampshire.  Just something to add to the preparation.

Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net

<home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd>

God does not play dice with the universe: He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who _smiles all the time_.
    -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)