[Coco] Read Coco floppies in my PC

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 31 00:44:21 EDT 2012

Hmm I also have a couple Teac 55's I think....but no 'sector not found' errors while working with true 360k disks formatted as 360k ...  it would be interesting to devise some sort of 'test procedure' one could perform to check %100 for cross compatibility reading/writing one drive's disks in the other...what I did to test them gave me reasonable asurance, but I have yet to see errors.

Here's how I'm setup for my CoCo disk 'swapping' ....
CoCo: FD-502 with 2 x PC 360k drives. (Teac/Panasonic)  ROM & OS-9 modified for 6ms stepping and double sided
PC: Win'98 with 1.2mb Chinon drive

How I test the drives...
1. Format a disk (A) 360k PC format
2.  PC DSKINI the disk with. DSK image
3. Use CoCo to BACKUP disk A to disk B
4. CoCo DSKINI disk A
5. CoCo backup Disk B to A
6. PC RETRIEVE disk A to test. DSK
7. PC 'FC' compare final test image with original