[Coco] PI day

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Mar 14 10:12:34 EDT 2012

On Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:06:17 AM Frank Pittel did opine:

> I'd like to wish a happy PI day to all!!
>
> The Other Frank

Chuckle.  I was just reading a plea from a math type that we need a new
symbol because pi is wrong, everyplace it is used except for circumference,
it has to be used as 2pi, so there is a move afoot to define a new 'tau' as
being equal to 2pi, suggesting its symbol to be a 3 legged pi symbol.  Sure
gets rid of all those 2pi's in the math.  I doubt it will catch on though.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do.
Play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do.
		-- Mark Twain