[Coco] decode update

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 23:03:06 EDT 2012

After a week of manual decoding to discover errors in output, I have corrected a problem in decode where an ELSE keyword with an assignment statement in the same instruction line was incorrectly identified as a different variable because of a missing space between the keyword and the variable reference. The other error was a mistake on my part in the test source I was compiling for comparison. I had identified which TYPE statement was the registers packet, and renamed the variables in each instruction that included the regs packet variable. I commented the original output statement as created by decode, and in one instance had forgotten to comment one RUN syscall statement.

decode is reaching the point where I feel confident that it is performing correctly. As I have received no feedback from anyone who has downloaded the image from cococoding, I am assuming that so far no problems have been detected. I am still decoding all of the modules in RiBBS (and there are quite a few). As I do, and discover other problems, I will release new updates.

The current version of decode is 1.1.5.

In the next week or so I will be beginning the process of incorporating decode into unpack so that I can begin testing of the merged module aspect of the program. At this stage, I am opting to skip over object code modules merged with Basic09 I-Code modules, simply because there may be cases where RunB, SysCall, Inkey, GFX and/or GFX2 may be merged with a Basic09 program set. I am considering adding the ability for unpack to run disasm and produce assembly listings of any object code modules merged with I-Code modules, but I would like input from the community on whether or not this would be considered warranted or necessary.

Wayne
--
Basic09 is the language of the future ;)

Need to recover Basic09 I-Code source?
http://cococoding.com/wayne/
Download http://cococoding.com/wayne/decode.os9

asa.rand at gmail.com