[Coco] maltedmedia ftp request

Thu Jun 21 15:09:46 EDT 2012

Hi,

I just realized that the FTP address is likely on many web pages by now.

So those folks will never see your request to cut back. And more will see
the FTP address every day. My IE link shows first a page that words could be
added to, but non CoCo users see it also.

> I can, however, password-protect the site and make the username/password
> available as part of this list's info page.

Would this require non-CoCo users to also use the password?

If just CoCo can be the part needing a password, put the password on a page
that members must use their unique password (In reminder sent once a month)
to log in to.

That would allow the ~ 400 CoCo group members that will see this message
access and eliminate gmane readers and those who find the FTP addresses on a
web page.

That should give us more time to come up with a solution that makes the
files available to the entire world safely again.

SHF