[Coco] OT- Hard Drive cleaner software.

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 11:15:40 EDT 2012

On 6/19/2012 10:45 AM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Floppy Version worked great for me. BUT!!!
>
> *"DBAN will automatically and completely delete the contents of any hard
> disk that it can detect"*
>
> CAN DETECT!!!!!!!!
>
> So watch out what drives are connected.
>
> SHF

There may well be a setting in Dban that allows for the automatic wipe
of any hard drives it detects, but, I've never used or even looked for
the feature.

I've used Dban since 2005 and it has never done ANYTHING that I did NOT
tell it specifically to do. I've used it on systems with multiple
drives, to only wipe one drive, without affecting the other drive in any
way. And it's never done anything automatically, either. I've always had
to select the drive, and then the type of wipe I wanted. Working as the
IT Director for a non-profit, I have used Dban on upwards of 150 PC's I
sent for surplus and never had an issue like you described.