[Coco] Remembering Lonnie Falk

Richard Adams yahoogroups36 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 8 22:27:24 EDT 2012

I also remember Lonnie and the Rainbow with great fondness.

I first met Lonnie at the One-And-Done Ft. Worth Rainbowfest. He graciously spent a fair amount of time chatting with me. I seem to recall I just missed meeting Steve Bjork, something I've regretted ever since. It was really nice to put faces to names and to see some of the newer wares on display.

I met Lonnie a second time at the Chicago Rainbowfest the next year. Judging by his daughters' pulchritude, he was starting to look like promising father-in-law material to me <G>.

Lonnie kindly spent even more time with me there, as we chatted about The Rainbow and the CoCo in general. It was right before final exams that year, so it was tough to take the time to make the trip from Dallas, but well worth it. I think that was where I got my heavily discounted copy of CoCo Max, and quite a few other software goodies.

Hard to believe both Lonnie and The Rainbow are now gone, but they put me on the path to a career working with computers, which I still do, so their influence lives on (as I'm sure it does with many others).

RIP, Lonnie, and thanks.

(Didn't meet Dennis at either show, but I remember talking to him on the phone at least once or twice during the UnderColor days. A belated thanks to DBK for the work he does keeping this channel of CoCo remembrances and current activity alive for us all!)

Richard Adams
yahoogroups36_at_hotmail_dot_com