[Coco] OT: Heat / A/C controller replacement

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Fri Jun 8 10:24:30 EDT 2012

Walk into Wal-Mart and pic up a cheap digital thermostat. Nothing much has changed with basic operation. Simple digital t-stats are made to replace the old round Rockwell and similar t-stats from the 70s, so unless you had some unique wiring it should work fine. You can get internet controlled wired and wireless t-stats, but they connect to the HVAC unit the same as the old ones do -- a four lead telephone wire.