[Coco] OT: Heat / A/C controller replacement

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 09:25:39 EDT 2012

Hmmm I know this is an OT thread, but I am still trying to figure out
what the homebrewed second controller actually does.  From your
description it is confusing.

You said "What I have done is break the power lead to that controller
and control the power to it using a home built temperature controller"

This sounds like what you have done is remoted the thermostatic on/off
up to the second floor so you do not have to go down stairs to adjust
the temperature but basically making/breaking the power connection to
the main first floor thermostat.

Then you said "that has switches to select heat or A/C mode which must
match what the downstairs original controller is set to."

This is the confusing part, what do the switches do if they have to
match the first floor controller.  So if the homebrew on is set to
heat at the original one is set to AC what happens?