[Coco] VCC and Mac

Paulo Lindoso [gmail] paulo.lindoso at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 16:45:59 EDT 2012

Dean,

I am using Mess 0.132 (Jul 19 2009).  From what I read over the lists,  it seems the most "workable'  version.

Config was truly a mess...

I've downloaded SDLMESS, place it on my Applications folder and reconfigured my mess.ini to point to dirs in my home folder, where I placed ROMs and Software.

Problems I still have:

1) My Macbook pad is not a viable option to replace Joysticks and I can't get to use keys as an option.  Given up trying at the moment... No Zaxxon for me...

2) Mapping special keys is still somewhat messy as well.  Standard TAB to access the menu mixes up with CoCo TAB, it doesn't like Fn+FunctionKeys...

All in all, it is not a good experience, so I seldom use it, preferring to play with my original CoCo3, which at least reads DSK files with my SuperIDE, but still polishing out some glitches there as well... ;)

VCC installed very easily over WineBottler (no extra confs... standard Wine App).  Loading DSK files as floppies was OK as well.  I will soon try to play and write stuff to see how it goes.

So far, better experience with VCC than MESS...

Cheers,