[Coco] An MC68HC11A1P Based Computer Idea

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Jul 18 19:31:45 EDT 2012

Actually it closer to the MC6803 than the MC6809. Before the HC version there was an
NMOS version called MC6811 that was based ont eh NMOS MC6803. Later the whole series
was moved over to high speed CMOS, thus the HC11 series.

The HC12 is the one processor that is almost a merging of the MC6809 and the MC68HC11.
The only thing that the HC12 series lack is the U-register. It can do all the instructions of the
MC6809 and then some more.

james