[Coco] An MC68HC11A1P Based Computer Idea

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 18 09:37:14 EDT 2012

On 18/07/2012 11:27 PM, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:

> I have years of experience in working with the HC11 series of processors.
> All of the alpha and numeric paging products from Motorola all use both
> HC11 and HC05 processors. Most common used were the HC11K and PH series.

Many years ago I worked with the HC11 for a few months when I was working on
a traffic control system. The guy writing the software was amazing; he'd
write reams of code at home overnight without so much as an assembler - and
certainly no hardware - then in the morning paste it into the source,
assemble it, and it would usually just run! And it was a nightmare of
bank-switched ROM code!!!

Regards,