[Coco] CM-8 Service Manual

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jul 10 03:12:39 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 10 July 2012 02:57:21 tonym did opine:

> Here's link to a pic of what displays on the screen.
>
> This was taken at the guy's shop = apparently he hasn't worked on a tube
> set in 10-12Y or so. He says, based on what you see in the pic (in
> person, obviously) that one of the yoke coils is bad.
>
> :/
>
> http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l33/Sharkonwheels/Vintage%20Computer%2
> 0Stuff/IMG_20120709_184615.jpg
>
> Tony

Maybe, but that hasn't been much of a problem since Philco gave the girls
winding them cotton gloves and a few days off around their period, back in
the '50's.  By the time that cm8 was built, machines wound all that stuff
with the failure rates becoming about point oh oh oh oh nothing.

I sure be putting a scope probe on the caps if it was on my bench.  2 or 3
volts of noise, ok, 200 volts, bad cap.  The only thing is, the wedge shape
is upside down, so he may have at least one good leg to stand on with his
yoke theory.  If it was a cap, I'd think it would be narrow at the bottom
as the vertical sweep driver draws the most current at the bottom.

I still think one of Roys kits and an el-cheapo lcd monitor makes more
sense.  The problem is waiting for Roy to build it. :(

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Post no bills.