[Coco] Arduino as a Mouse/Keyboard interface?

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Tue Jul 3 09:21:43 EDT 2012

After looking over the timing docs, it on the rise of the Q clock and
earlier in the timing.  What makes it worst, it is read on the second to
the last cycle and before the data is stored on the PIA.

So, the idea of using the Halt will not work.

I've been also think of a way of using a single port ram as dual port.

Keep the address control connected to the CoCo's PIA and only switch the
control over to the microcontroller when it need to update the data.
This would be a problem if there was an update hitting the RAM at the
same time as the PIA needed the ram for the Keyboard data. A flag could
tell the microcontroller the update was unsuccessful because the Ram was
in use.  Then it would be up to the microcontroller to take care of this
timing problem by writing the data again.

I found a RAM chip with two port control (not a true dual port) that
would make the logic easy.  The CY7C130 would take the control and data
lines from the CoCo's PIA to control one "port" and the microcontroller
on the other.  The chip create a "busy" flag when both sides are
accessing the same RAM location as the same time.  (This is your
unsuccessful write flag.)

Steve