[Coco] Thoughts on modern computers (sort of off topic)

Paulo Lindoso paulo.lindoso at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:36:02 EST 2012

On the other hand, many things that had to be programmed back in the "good
ol' Coco Days" are now simple apps that you can buy (or download for free
here and there).

Take "contact managers", for instance... You will find anything from a
simple phonebook (if you own a Mac, it will come with OSX) to a
full-fledged CRM Web-based/client-based Siebel/Salesforce-like application
system...

Coming from a programming background, I certainly miss the simplicity and
relaxed, text-based approach of an "80 computer", but I also enjoy digging
up an odd app to fulfill a specific need I have and I feel lazy about
programming...