[Coco] Radio Shack… Maybe there's hope after all?

Mike Craig mdcmike at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 31 11:29:33 EST 2012

Boisy Pitre <boisy at ...> writes:

> I just had to share this little story.
>
> I haven't been inside of a Radio Shack for the better part of a year, but over
the last week, I've been to two
> different stores in my area, and I have to say, I like what I'm seeing.
>
> My trips were to scrounge for parts for a project, and much to my surprise,
Radio Shack now has a dedicated
> projects area and are selling, of all things, Arduino boards.  These are ATMEL
AVR based micro controller
> boards for projects, and are really cool.  Even the packaging is superb.  The
board comes in a nice little box
> with a placard of instructions, and there's even ethernet boards that plug in.
 In addition, the Radio
> Shack stores I went to were selling little electronics kits of different
varieties.

> So, just maybe, there's hope for Radio Shack after all.

That's good to hear. I haven't been to my local Radio Shack in years. I stopped
going when most of the store became a cell phone dealer. I started referring to
the place as Cell Phone Shack. Maybe I'll stop by and check em out again. :-)