[Coco] [OT} Shack: was Re: Coco keyboard trouble (Steve Batson)

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 18 02:17:54 EST 2012

On 18/01/2012 2:16 PM, Andrew wrote:

> I guess Fry's Electronics really is a geek's paradise - now if they'd just
> quit doing the bag check on exit, it would be perfect.

One visit to Fry's in Vegas was with a client. He'd bought something and
turned to us and said 'Watch this!' as he walked towards the bag-check. He
was asked to submit to a check and he cheerily replied "No Thanks!", not
skipping a beat and walked straight past.

The checker was equally un-phased.

We have similar here in our Bunnings (hardware) warehouses. One in
particular near me has a checker standing about 10ft beyond the cashiers.
They only ever have 2 cashiers running, and the checker has nothing to do
but watch customers walk 6 steps directly from the cashier, only to accost
them again. It's ludicrous.

Regards,