[Coco] window surprise

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Jan 16 23:28:52 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 07:35:42PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:

> I believe it does have such a place, but I believe the easiest way is to
> parse the return of a 'tmode .1" which will get its return from the current
> path descriptor.  Also, be aware that there are two different tmode's
> around, with relatively huge differences in how they expect their commands
> to be formatted.

I never understood the difference between xmode and tmode, but after
playing with this, I think I understand.  Xmode touches the
device descriptor's settings, and tmode touches the path descriptor.

The path descriptor has PAG but not COL or ROW.  Tmode is of limited
use when trying to educate termcap about weird-sized terminals.

> The new one doesn't know what to do with the +- signs to turn options on or
> off, you must set/unset with "pau=1" (or =0) to make it pause or not at the
> end of a screen or page.

And I've done round after round of patching binaries that called tmode
with the old syntax. :-(

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA