[Coco] [Color Computer] Newly acquired Coco!

Steve Batson steve at batsonphotography.com
Mon Jan 16 18:23:10 EST 2012

I had one of the original battle ship gray 4K CoCo's without Extended Color
Basic way back when. I had to buy the Extended Basic Chip and plug it in. I
also eventually upgraded the RAM on that system to 64K. It couldn't use the
entire 64K, If I remember correctly, I had some stuff installed that let
you do bank switching, but don't really recall how it all worked.

Anyway, either find the Extended Basic chip or get a Coco 2 as suggested.

If you just plan to tinker with some basic programming, it may be easier to
just get one of the CoCo emulators and mess with that before you put too
much time and money into hardware. At least that way you can decide if you
will even use the thing or not.