[Coco] [Color Computer] Newly acquired Coco!

Aaron Banerjee spam_proof at verizon.net
Thu Jan 12 20:44:09 EST 2012

Sure.  When the system boots up, you'll get a cursor.  You can type:

PRINT "HELLO WORLD!"

to have it immediately print out "HELLO WORLD"

If you begin the line with a number, it will interpret it as part of a
program.  For example, entering:

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD!"

will do nothing when you press enter, but will say "HELLO WORLD!" when
you type in "RUN" on the command line, or will be erased if you type
in "NEW" on the command line.

There is an entire world more to programming, but that's a place to
start if you don't remember how to get started.

          - Aaron

p.s.  Experiment if you like.  You can add another line

20 GOTO 10

to have it repeat "HELLO WORLD!" (the BREAK key will stop the
program).  The program keeps repeating "HELLO WORLD!" because it
prints it in line 10 and then goes to line 20, which just sends it
back to line 10 to print it out again.

Experiment with PRINT -- see the difference between

PRINT "2+2"
and
PRINT 2+2