[Coco] A warning to readers regarding Roger Taylor

Blake Patterson blakespot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 12:29:26 EST 2012

On Jan 11, 2012, at 11:01 AM, Robert Hermanek wrote:

> Well, the timeline is believable...
>
> What gets lost here is that very few people can design and build things as clever as the Taylor products.  And then, there really is no reason for him to share these things--he could be sitting on his own one of a kind drivepak and we'd never know.  Instead he is basically volunteering to work a rather stressful job in marketing, building, and delivering these things.  And I'm sure the goal is to net out a zero when the parts are out the door--not much of a reward for being exposed to criticism along the way.

That's definitely not lost on me in the least. I get the unique, niche nature of what he's creating. Some, similar hardware I'm using on my machines:

HxC 2000 floppy emulator:
http://www.bytecellar.com/2011/04/17/my-sdcard-hxc-2001-floppy-emulator-adventure/
Commodore-One:
http://www.bytecellar.com/2005/01/24/the_commodore_o/
Uthernet card:
http://www.bytecellar.com/2008/06/21/back_in_april_i/
Mockingboard clone:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blakespot/3121410062/in/set-72157609631794748
GFX-1600SW:
http://www.bytecellar.com/2008/02/13/the_sgi_1600sw/
Indivision ECS:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blakespot/4816469191/in/set-72157604299491786

...to name a few.

I get all that. My gripe was with the sale of an eBay item as "Available," only to find that it did not yet actually exist, and then the wait that has begun (over a month now), and lack of response to my rather civil inquiries. That's what I imagine most must have a problem with.

Right?

bp