[Coco] Is anyone using Dynastar yet?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Jan 7 23:04:08 EST 2012

On Saturday, January 07, 2012 11:01:18 PM Willard Goosey did opine:

> On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 08:05:46PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Saturday, January 07, 2012 07:52:53 PM gene heskett did opine:
> I'll take a stab at this with the caveats:
> 1)I don't have a working /t2 so I can't try this myself
> 2)What I say may only apply to DS 3.4 (the version I have)
>
> > > I am on a quest to find an editor that I can run over a minicom link
> > > to /t2 on my coco3.
> > >
> > > This I believe uses the /dd/sys/termset file to configure itself,
> > > but I don't appear to be getting the desired results.
> > >
> > > Can anyone help at this late date?
>
> In /dd/sys/termset, T2 should have the same codes as whatever minicom
> is emulating (vt100?  ansi?)
>
> You can override the descriptor-name termset entry by specifying the
> terminal type on the cli: ds -t=term
>
> > looked for in /dd/sys, called ds.init, which may have similar
> > functions,
>
> ??? My 3.4 doesn't use a ds.init file.  There's a df.init for the
> dynaform formatter but ds itself doesn't care about that. df.init is
> flat text.
>
> Termset was invented (according to FHL) by Microware for scred in OSK
> v. 1, then abandoned in v. 2 so docs and other support is pretty
> slim. It looks like SCRED is the only termset-using Microware program
> that got back-ported to OS9/6x09.
>
> If you have the original DS 3.4 disk from FHL the file Read.Me.Too
> talks about termset issues, like FHL's color extension.

I'll have to see if Karl still has that install disk.  He's a packrat like
me but still in training with another 20 years to go to match me, but I
suspect he has it.  Then of course the 64k$ question is, is it readable...

That would likely be the best way to put 3.4 on my page too, so its all in
one .dsk.

> Willard

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
"Jesus saves...but Gretzky gets the rebound!"
-- Daniel Hinojosa (hinojosa at hp-sdd)